Here are my predictions for 2010. I hope I have a better track record than I did for my predictions for 2009.
1. The Republicans will take back the House in November, either outright on election day, or through party switches between election day and the swearing in of the new Congress in 2011.
2. The Republicans will take back the Senate in November, either outright on election day, or through party switches between election day and the swearing in of the new Congress in 2011. I am assuming that Joe Lieberman will caucus with the Republicans if the Republicans have 50 seats.
3. The economy will continue in the doldrums next year with the unemployment rate not getting lower than 9%.
4. Regime change will occur in Iran with the Mullahs being toppled by a popular insurrection.
5. Pope Benedict’s Anglican Initiative will prove amazingly successful with ever increasing numbers of Anglicans and Episcopalians swimming the Tiber to participate.
6. Two cabinet members in the Obama administration will resign.
7. US forces will replicate the success of the surge in Iraq in Afghanistan.
8. At least two states will default on some of their debt obligations during the coming year.
9. A Draft Palin movement for 2012 will gather steam.
10. A major breakthrough in the development of cold fusion technology will be announced.
11. A major financial scandal will erupt involving Tarp funds being used to bribe members of Congress.
12. McClarey will be wrong on some of his predictions.