Hattip to Big Hollywood. The rumor going around the internet is that the young skull full of mush humiliating himself in his joust with Professor Friedman is a svelte Michael Moore. Even if this is not the case, the debate is still of interest for a few reasons:
1. A prime example of sloppy thinking on the young man’s part.
2. The heroic efforts on the part of Professor Friedman to get the young man to think.
3. The absolutely hilarious, and completely predictable, revelation by the young man concerned about placing a monetary value on life in a risk benefit calculation that he is a pro-abort.
4. Professor Friedman’s contention that risk-benefit analyses are inescapable and that the consumer should be informed of them.
5. Seeing Professor Friedman in action reminds us of how noble a profession teaching can be when engaged in with passion, knowledge and a determination to have students use the brains that God gave them.